Monday, September 7, 2026

BRASILLL šŸ”„šŸ”„šŸ”„

 Area: Porto Novo

Companion: Elder Rowland 🐐🐐🐐

Unfortunately I am not allowed to have anyone on my Google Photos album and I cannot join anyone else's photo album either so I'm just going to attach a few photos to my emails.

I aĆ­ carasss!!! 
First week in Brazil and wowww this place is amazing. I have never met so many people that are willing to hear messages about Jesus Christ. They are so open and friendly. We had one day where we taught 13 lessons, had 7 people say they would work toward a baptism date and we put 1 man named Marcos on date! 

My trainer Elder Rowland is actually amazing. Im learning so much and the language is coming along. I can understand some of the natives here and most all of the missionaries. I've had so many opportunities to teach and see the Gift of Tongues as well. 
 Highlights 
- as soon as we walked out of the airport, a lady stopped me and we talked about missionary work for a while and then she gave me her number so I could get her in contact with the elders near her! 
- our van broke down on the way to Santos so we sat at a police station for and hour and a half until we got picked up by another van
- saw a capybara 😁
- saw the Santos FC training facility across from where the temple is being built
-We're in the northern most part of the mission and it is beautiful
- Had dinner at a members house and it was amazing. We ate dinner at a table made out of a barrel and a literal door
- it's been raining the 2 days
- Tried Acai šŸ˜‹
- I got to recite the First Vision in a lesson

Spiritual Thought:
I have been thinking about the sacrament this week a lot and why it is so important that we take it every week. The sacrament reminds us of Jesus Christ and the sacrifice that he made on our behalf. He didn't have to do it but he chose to do it. When he suffered in the garden of Gethsemane, he thought of all of us to give him strength to push through his anguish. When we are struggling, we need to look to him for find strength. We were teaching a lesson yesterday about the restoration to a less active member and at the end of the lesson she said that she felt like there was something missing in her life the past few months because she had not been to church and she said she would go this Sunday. The sacrament is so important to remember our covenants and remember our Savior. 

Love yall so much and hope you're all doing so great! Send me emails and keep me updated! 









No comments:

Post a Comment

Roofs Are Just a Suggestion

  Messanger: I am not allowed to have messanger here so if you have been trying to send a message, you will just have to email me.  Opaaaa! ...