Monday, August 17, 2026

Week 2!

Another great week at the MTC! We had Elder Rasband come on tuesday and give an amazing devotional about our purpose as a missionary! I learned a lot and Im so grateful for his words. Another cool thing was that I got to say the closing prayer at our sunday devotional yesterday in front of 2,000 missionaries!!! It was an amazing devotional so I had to hit a crazy lock in before walking up on stage especially since we sang one of the greatest songs every "Gethsemane", chills. Elder Teny and my district were hyping me up so I was ready. The president of the MTC President Owen walked up to me after and said some really amazing things to me that I had been needing to hear so that was very cool. We also had our first lesson in Portuguese this week and it was so fun to really test myself in the language!

Other Highlights: 
- Temple Endowments this morning!
- Basketball with Elder Jack Cooper Hansen 
- Amazing sunsets and the mountains look so sick here
- Portuguese is coming along!

Spiritual thought: I was reading in John and the Lord says that he would not leave His apostles comfortless when he was crucified. He said that he would give them a comforter and He would show Himself unto them! Another name for Jesus Christ is the second comforter and I have felt that a lot lately. The Lord has shown himself unto me through little tender mercies this week and I know the Lord will bless us more and more as we recognize the things he has already given us! 

Love yall and have a great week! 







No comments:

Post a Comment

I'M OFF!!!! Brazil Here I Come...

  ha ha ha :) Gavin saw Drake Allen at the airport!  He saw him across the way and yelled "Go Aggies!"   Drake came over to talk t...