Hey everyone!!!
Week one is in the books. We made it to P-day and I never thought I would because days feel a lot longer when they start at 6:30 rather than 10:30am like they did in Georgia
. I have actually had so much fun here though. My district (missionaries that you do classes with) is seriously so amazing and we all have gotten to know each other so well. Elder Teny, my companion, is actually the GOAT! Ive never seen someone that has leadership skills like he does. He also is a very confident speaker and I have learned a lot from him. He got assigned as the district leader and I am the senior companion.
Highlights:
- Elder Boyd did a beautiful cartwheel but unfortunately, it ended in his pants being ripped all the way down his knee from the zipper

! I genuinely could not stop laughing as he waddled with his companion back to their room to change.
- Got to see Elder Jack Hansen, Sister McPheters, and Elder Teichert and it has been so fun to see them all around the MTC.
- Got to play basketball with Elder Hansen
- The food has honestly not been that bad and the chocolate milk is as good as people say it is.
- Elder Teny and I taught a practice lesson and we cooked up
- Hit the gym with Elder Teny and realized bro is a beast and we both had a beautiful chest, shoulders, tris day
- Got to go to the temple this morning to do baptisms and invitatories.
- Found out Elder Dabell is from Tremonton and knows my aunt and uncle Christie and Scott Sandall!!!
Spiritual thought:
This week we focused a ton on the Book of Mormon and the fact that it is the keystone of our religion. There are so many truths in the Book of Mormon that people don't know about and it has been eye opening to me. Because of the Book of Mormon we know where we were before we got to Earth, why we are here on Earth, and where we go when we die. We also discussed some statistics about the Book of Mormon such as Christ is mentioned every 1.7 verses & His Resurrection is mentioned 88 times. 117 different names for Jesus Christ in the BOM. 166 years of peace after Christ visits the Americas. The atonement mentioned once in the Bible. The Book of Mormon is another testament of Jesus Christ and it goes hand in hand with the bible. Im so grateful for the knowledge that I have and the hope it brings to me and my family.
Love you all and especially my family! It was hard to say goodbye to them but I know that I am embarking on a life changing two year adventure and what a blessing it is to do it for the Lord!
No comments:
Post a Comment